Family time is precious as much as it is important to keep your family close-knit. If you have no idea how to keep your family time exciting for both you and the kids, try some of these suggestions I have listed below:
Make homemade ice cream from scratch in your kitchen with the kids. Bake two batches of cookies or brownies, and take one batch to a family in need. If you want to enjoy different activities then there are many Things To Do in Sacramento with Kids via Sacramento 4 Kids.
This is a great way to show your kids how to be kind and compassionate, as well as an illustration of selflessness. The other batch of sweets can be their reward.
- Look through your old pictures and photo albums to reminisce on all of the fun times spent together.
- Teach your kids how to participate in one of your favorite hobbies, perhaps fishing or golfing.
- Work on completing a puzzle with the entire family. This will build teamwork and communication within the group.
- Read a book out loud that applies to both children and adults. "The Chronicles of Narnia" is a great choice for such an activity.
- Go to the zoo and explain to your kids which animal is your favorite and why. Ask them what their favorite animal is and why.
- Do the traditional activity of putting popcorn on a string and lining your trees to feed the birds a treat.